Meet Mexico's finest folk artists and watch live art demonstrations at the 11th Annual Folk Art Festival. Artists will come from all corners of Mexico, each with his or her own unique techniques, subject matters, and mediums. However, they all share the same passion for Mexico's rich folk art traditions.
Folk Art Festival Hours:
Friday, October 14th, from 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday through Thursday, October 15th - 20th, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, October 21st, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, October 22nd - 23rd 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sugar Skull Demonstrations:
September 24th - November 3rd, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Featured Folk Artists
- Miguel & Daniel Paredes, Ceramic Day of the Dead Figures from Puebla
- Jacobo Ángeles Ojeda, Wood Carving from San Martin Tilcajete, Oaxaca
- Audias & Mariana Roldán, Amate Paintings from Xalitla, Guerrero
- Porfirio Gutiérrez, Foot Pedal Loom Weaving from Teotitlán del Valle, Oaxaca
- Alejandra Nuñez Guevara, Talavera Pottery from Puebla
- Pascuala Vázquez, Back Strap Loom Weaving, Zinacantán, Chiapas
- Mondragón Family, Sugar Skulls from Toluca, Estado de México