The National Museum of Mexican Art is pleased to once again present the Festival del Arte Popular. Join us and meet some of Mexico's finest folk artists, watch live demonstrations, and get an early start on holiday shopping. Artists come from all corners of Mexico to participate in this festival celebrating Mexico’s arte popular. Each artist brings unique techniques and folk artwork, but all bring the same passion for Mexico's rich folk-art traditions.
This year we are joined by:
- Miguel & Daniel Paredes (Puebla), ceramic Day of the Dead figures
- Jacobo Ángeles Ojeda (Oaxaca), wood carving
- Audias & Mariana Roldan (Guerrero), amate paintings
- Pedro Montaño Lorenzo (Oaxaca), foot pedal loom weaving
- Pascuala Vázquez (Chiapas), backstrap loom weaving
Plus, Sugar Skulls by Emilio Quintana Ramírez (Puebla) will be available in the Museum Store.
Members of the National Museum of Mexican Art receive a 15% discount at the Folk Art Festival. Become a Member today.