The 100 Años de Posada y Su Catrina Educator Guide offers teachers a range of resources to choose from and integrate into their regular classroom curriculum. The Educator Guide includes resources such as background information, activities, student handouts, a list of resources on Posada and images from NMMA exhibitions.
National Standards Addressed
- Anchor Standards for College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R. 2 ,6 ,7 , 9.
- Anchor Standards for College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.1 ,2.
- Anchor Standards for History/Social Studies - Grade 6-8, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.6-8.1 ,2.
- Anchor Standards for History/Social Studies - Grade 9-10 CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.9-10.1 ,2 ,6, 9.
- Anchor Standards for History/Social Studies -Grade 11-12 CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.11-12.1 ,2 ,6 , 7.
Students will be able to:
- What is the function of satire or comedy? How is it useful?
- What do the people who celebrate Day of the Dead value? How can you tell?
- How do different people perceive the subject of Death?
- Draft and Write a poem based on subject matter.
- Produce a print, using printmaking techniques.
- Investigate artistic process and complete a planning process to create their own original work based on Posadas Biography.
- Negative Space