Welcome to the National Museum of Mexican Art’s new website!
Featured in early 2013, this exhibition highlighted work from our recent donation campaign. The exhibition contained work from 63 named artists and demonstrated the current direction that our collection is moving towards. The educator guide focuses on how collections are formed by curators and includes two related activities as well as an interview with Rebecca D. Meyers, the curator of the exhibition and the Museum's Permanent Collection.
National Standards Addressed
- Anchor Standards for Reading CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.1,2.
- Anchor Standards for Reading CCSS.ELA
- Anchor Standards for Reading CCRA.R.9
- How is artwork selected?
- What is the primary role of a curator?
Students will be able to:
- Curate a personal Exhibit
- Learn the role of a Curator in a museum
- Identify Art